Monday 30 September 2013

Developing my skills to develop games


 So Georgebrown College is starting off really smoothly, I'm doing pretty nicely in my courses and overall I'm learning a whole lot. The one class that I really enjoy is (obviously) 2D art and it's basically life drawing and drawing everythiiiing.

The one dumb thing about it is that the life drawing sessions have the tables in rows instead of surrounding the model, so if you're not in the very front, you need to change position a lot to see the whole figure which is a little frustrating but c'est la vie.
All 2 minute gesture drawings
Another 2 minute, I knew right when he stepped on a keyboard at the beginning of this pose that I needed it to have its own page.

Just a comparison of the first session of life drawing, where I was unprepared and only had my fine liner and had to make do with my blue pencil too. The lady was the first session and the man was the second, I already see tones of improvement (at least in the faces) and it's really encouraging me. 

10 min


15 and 25 min


20  and 25 min


The top two poses were nude but we had to add our costume designs on top for the models. The lady's uniform stayed true because I had to hand it in earlier and didn't have reference for the male's costume.

Mogul and Beta looking fierce

 These two sketches are concepts for two characters, Mogul and Beta, just some early work.

No comments:

Post a Comment